Sunday 26 August 2007

Back from the BBQ

Thanks for the welcome messages!

I think I did OK at the BBQ. The trick is to bring a dish I know I can eat, (lime and chilli chicken) fill up on sugar-free drinks while I am waiting for the food to be put out and get cooked, then dig into the salad and chicken. There were sausages and burgers, there too, all very fatty and indigestible. Not at all tempting to me. But there were some great vegetable skewers, and corn on the cob, and strawberries and a good red wine. Perfect. More calories than I am used to, but I balanced it with a lighter than usual lunch before I set out and a smaller than usual breakfast this morning.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Linda; glad to see you're set up! :-)

P and I are BBQ-ing tonight, hopefully. It's turned out to be another lovely afternoon. So corn-on-the-cob, peppers, aubergine, round zucchini from the garden for me, and mackerel and prawns for him. That should keep us busy for the rest of the day!

Stay well, and I look forward to keeping up with your blog. :-)