Sunday 30 September 2007

Happiness is a Nearby Farmer's Market

Feeling very elated right now as a new farmer's market has opened which is minutes walk from my home. I went with high hopes of what I might find and was more than delighted. I am now back with organic chicken, turkey and bison, the fabled spaghetti squash (I have never seen this on sale before) also another kind of squash and some black kale. So dinner tonight will be a lovely casserole of lean bison with red wine and veg. Looks like it will be a weekly event, and if the attendance I saw is anything to go by it has been a roaring success.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Don't tell me it was the Walthamstow one? :-)

Linda said...

It was - were you there? The bison was yummy.

Sara said...

Yes - we were there around midday. Too late, but P is not an early morning person! We got one small goat's cheese and then were defeated by the queues; much was sold out. Still, I'm for anything that will improve the wilderness that is Walthamstow / Leyton...