Wednesday 14 November 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Not my actual birthday but my CRON birthday. I don’t know the exact date I started CRON but I do recall it was mid November 2006, so I have nominated November 15th. So here I am, one year on and I am thinking about what has changed. Well I am lighter than I have been all my adult life, about 90lb. I put on fashionable clothes, look in the mirror and feel horribly pleased with myself. My mood is lighter, too – the CR euphoria effect, even though I don’t fast. Those people who think CRers are miserable are so very wrong! And I haven’t had a cold all year, at least nothing with the usual sniffly congested miserable symptoms, even though my other half has had three, and I used to get every cold he had, only worse. Food tastes so much better, I love to savour its fresh flavours. And I have plenty of energy to buzz about and do all the stuff I need to do. I have not had to give up any food that I enjoy eating. I have been able to make low-calorie nutritious versions of things I like. Some unhealthy foods I find I no longer want to eat in any case. I can still, with a little ingenuity in choices, eat out regularly. I have had a hiatus hernia for some years, and used to take medication to fight acid reflux. Not any more. And I don’t have to prop myself up on lots of pillows to sleep. Through the CR Society I have made the acquaintance of a great number of intelligent and interesting people, read their comments daily, and look forward to meeting them some day. I have learnt a huge amount about nutrition. Nothing is worse, lots of things are far far better. My only regret is that I didn’t discover CRON earlier.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations, Linda!

Sara said...

Oh, and PS - did you get the email I sent yesterday? It has my mobile number on it so if you do fancy that coffee this coming Saturday afternoon, text me. No worries if not - I won't be offended! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi there. I just discovered your blog and love it so far! I'm still going back through your old posts and reading them all. I really like how you talk about practical things like what you eat and how you feel (past health issues, etc.). That is very helpful information. I look forward to more reading!

Kay

Linda said...

Many thanks for you kind comments Kay - I will try not to disappoint in future!