Tuesday 16 December 2008

Morocco bound

I love the warm spicy flavours of Moroccan food. Recently the spice mix harissa has become more available but usually it is in oil. I have found that Sainsbury's now do a dry mix, harissa and rose rub. Hopefully other stores will catch on that not everyone wants their spices in an oily paste. I find adding a teaspoonful when making a vegetable soup really gives it a lift! The ingredients are coriander seed, dried red pepper, garlic, cumin seeds, caraway seed, paprika, chilli, sea salt, black pepper, dried rose petals and mint. Lovely stuff for those cold winter days.

2 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts. I would like to revisit your blog, as your writing has interested me.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a short visit to my blogs would be an entertaining one.

Naval Langa

Linda said...

Thanks Naval. I write, too, but I keep that area of my life and my CR as separate things. You have an interesting blog!